10.03.2012

Maschinenmensch

The last three weeks I've been working in my first project at university! The brief was about the relationship between organic and artificial (Mechanical Botanical)... So I decided to create a series of six portraits and turn that human faces into android-robotic ones...!

There's an hypothesis called Uncanny Valley that says that "when human replicas look and act almost like actual human beings, it causes a response of revulsion among human observers", so I also tried to make something to cause a more or less creepy effect.



At first I did some collage to edit the human faces and then I experimented with cutting off parts of the picture and putting a light box underneath them to let the light pass trough the empty spaces.







This last pitctures are the combination of the color and the black and white portraits, one on top of the other one. I like this effect, It reminds me of a daguerrotype.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment